These bacon wrapped pickles are made easily in the air fryer with simple prep. Simply wrap thick-sliced bacon around a dill slice, and you’ve got the yummiest keto appetizer!
Are pickles low in carbs?
Pickles are mostly cucumber, which are low in carbs naturally. There’s 1.5 g. carbs in one cucumber. Bacon has 0 carbs.
Can I make pickles in the air fryer?
Yes, and these snacks taste like mini cheeseburgers.
Who doesn’t love pickles? Some of my favorite go-to snacks include the keto pickle chaffle and these easy air fryer bacon pickles.
Best ingredients for air fryer pickles
- thick-cut bacon
- thick sliced dill pickles (I prefer the Oh Snap! brand)
Can I use toothpicks in the air fryer?
Toothpicks may be used in your air fryer for appetizers such as this one, just be sure to not overcook and always follow manufacturer directions for your brand of air fryer.
How to make bacon-wrapped pickles
To make air-fryer pickles with bacon, simply :
- chop your dill pickle into thick slices
- wrap strips of bacon around the sliced pickles
- place a toothpick through the entire wrapped pickle
Tips for air frying pickles and bacon
- secure with toothpicks, making sure to poke through all layers
- cook and flip halfway through
- use thin sliced bacon with less fat for extra crispiness
Substitutions / Additions
You can add any of the following items to your bacon fried pickles:
- cheese cubes, added after air-frying
- onion slices
- jalapeño peppers or mushrooms
- mini meatballs
- or, serve with fresh tomatoes after air frying
What’s the best sauce to serve with fried pickle snacks?
Serve with honey mustard, ranch, or a spicy southwest ranch. Dressings are typically lower in carbs if made with yogurt.
Can I re-heat and save for later?
Since there’s no breading, absolutely! Store up to 2 days in the refrigerator and reheat in the air fryer or oven at 350°F until hot.
Bacon-Wrapped Pickles (air fryer)
- 2 dill pickles sliced into about 12 slices
- 1 pkg bacon
- slice dill pickle
- wrap bacon around each pickle slice and secure with a toothpick
- air fry for 7 minutes, flip, and air fry for another 7 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- cheese cubes (after frying)
- jalapeño peppers
Leave a Reply