An easy shrimp spaghetti squash boat recipe that’s bursting with cajun flavor and cheeses.
Each creamy spaghetti squash “boat” is like a mini shrimp and spaghetti squash casserole, without any messy clean-up.
How do I make shrimp with spaghetti squash?
This cajun shrimp spaghetti squash is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Prepare your spaghetti squash
- Make spaghetti strings
- Add in the creamy cajun shrimp sauce with parmesan cheese
1. How do I prepare spaghetti squash pasta?
Making spaghetti squash “pasta” is super easy.
Your first want to cut your squash in half with a very sharp knife.
Next, scoop out the middle parts parentheses (including seeds) Of each half squash.
Season each with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Time to Bake: How to make spaghetti squash in the oven
Prepare your pan with just enough water (about a quarter of an inch) And place the flat part of the squash has down flat onto the pan.
Next, your bank to have at 380°F for about 35 minutes.
Be sure to check them right around the 35 minute mark. If the inside is tender, it means the spaghetti squash has finished cooking.
How do I keep my squash from sticking to the pan?
Aside from the water, my favorite kitchen tool to use for baking Is a silicone nonstick baking sheet. It’s perfect for baking veggies, cheese crisps and sheet pan meals.
2. How do I make spaghetti squash noodles for the cajun shrimp spaghetti squash?
It’s easy to get the perfect, baked spaghetti squash “noodles.”
3. Making the cajun shrimp and cream cheese stuffing:
First, warm 8 ounce of cream cheese.
Next, place the brick in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften the cream cheese.
Then, mix together the warm cream cheese, chopped shrimp, and two tablespoons of Tony’s Creole Seasoning.
Now, add in the creamy cajun shrimp:
After you’ve “raked” your spaghetti squash, add in the cream cheese and shrimp mixture to each spaghetti squash boat.
Cheesy & creamy squash is simple
Bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes on 380°F to cook the cheese and shrimp.
Other ways to make creamy spaghetti squash boats:
- cheesy cajun crab (simply substitute the shrimp for crab meat)
- Delicious cheesy sausage (substitute the shrimp for browned sausage)
- A vegan spaghetti squash Mac n’ Cheese (extra cheese of your choice with cream cheese and spaghetti squash)
- Make chili “Mac” spaghetti squash (simply add in your favorite chili and cheese (goes great with sour cream!)
Cajun Shrimp Spaghetti Squash
- 2 spaghetti squash
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 lb shrimp, uncooked, deveined, & chopped
- 2 tbsp Tony’s Creole Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 380ºF. Prepare your pan with just enough water (about a quarter of an inch) and place the flat part of the squash halves down flat onto the pan. Bake halves at for about 35 minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Warm 8 oz. (one brick) cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds. Mix together the warm cream cheese, chopped shrimp, and 2 tablespoons of Tony’s creole seasoning. Set aside.
- With a fork, “rake” from top to bottom of the inner section of each half of squash, add in cream cheese mixture and top with parmesan cheese. Bake an additional 8-10 minutes, until cheese and shrimp is baked well.