This crab rangoon chaffle with sweet chili are a keto and low-carb friendly way to enjoy your favorite Asian- inspired appetizer.
What’s a Chaffle?
A chaffle started off in the keto community as a way to make low carb bread with eggs and keto-friendly flours.
Since it’s beginnings, it is now a staple among the low carb community.
And, if you’re a fan of chaffles, check out
Is crab rangoon low carb?
Regular restaurant crab rangoon will set you back about 20 grams – just for the wontons alone.
Add in all that sugar for the chili sauce and you’re upwards of 40 carbs by the time you’ve finished the appetizer.
This recipe was inspired by my favorite crab rangoon by Spend with Pennies.
How many carbs are in this crab rangoon chaffle?
This crab rangoon chaffle doesn’t have wontons, but instead uses parmesan cheese and egg in the recipe. This recipe has only 3 grams per chaffle.
What ingredients do I need to make a crab rangoon chaffle?
This crab rangoon chaffle recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- canned crab meat, drained thoroughly and patted with paper towel
- parmesan cheese (preferably dried)
- cream cheese
- sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
How do I make a crab rangoon chaffle with cream cheese?
To make the chaffle, simply soften the cream cheese and mix together all ingredients (exclude the sharp cheddar).
First, you’ll spray the non-stick cooking spray onto the pre-heated waffle maker.
Next, add a thin layer of shredded cheddar cheese.
Then, scoop your crab mixture onto the cheese layer. Layer with more cheese.
Spray the non-stick cooking spray again and close.
TIP! To prevent sticking, be sure to use shredded cheddar cheese and spray extra non-stick spray. I like to spray both the mini waffle maker and the top of the chaffle.
What if my chaffle sticks to the mini waffle maker?
If you find yourself peeling away a gooey mess from the top of the waffle maker, add a bit of oil to your fingertips and pat onto the top layer before closing the lid.
Do take caution to be careful to not touch a hot waffle maker, however.
Crispy Crab Rangoon Chaffle
Crab Rangoon Chaffles
- 12 oz canned crab meat
- 2 large eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (fresh or dried)
- ¾ cup white cheddar cheese shredded
Sweet Chili Sauce (optional)
- 1 ½ tbsp chili garlic paste
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ⅓ cup powdered erythritol
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
Crab Chaffle Instructions
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Mix all ingredients for the chaffle, except the shredded white cheddar cheese.
- Spray waffle maker with non-stick spray. Add a layer of shredded white cheddar cheese, then top with a scoop of crab rangoon mixture. Top with shredded white cheddar cheese and close the lid.
- Wait AT LEAST 4-5 minutes before opening waffle maker. If you must check, only open a little. If it's sticking, it's not finished cooking.
Sweet Chili Sauce Instructions
- Mix all ingredients in small pot over high heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently with a whisk. Remove.
If you like this chaffle recipe, you’ll love:
More from Low Carb Quick….
- Keto Fried Pickles (Extra Crispy Chaffle)
- Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Chaffle
- Blueberry Lemon Waffles (with cream cheese icing)
Leave a Reply