These healthy gluten free waffles are not only delicious, but contain no milk or sugar. Thick, keto-friendly waffles made with almond flour, almond milk, cream cheese and eggs.
The great thing about these healthy waffles is you can make them in a pinch or freeze for later and re-heat in the toaster.
For this recipe you’ll need almond flour, almond milk, eggs, butter, cream cheese and vanilla as your base ingredients.
Follow these instructions for perfect waffles every time.
- mix all ingredients except almond flour
- add in almond flour and mix well
- spray your waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray, then add the batter
- cook until golden and remove
- use butter or non-stick cooking spray to prep your waffle maker
- fill the waffle machine with ⅓ third of your waffle batter
how do I make this recipe without butter (vegan)?
- these butter substitutes work great for this recipe: mashed banana, applesauce, or vegetable oil.
are these waffles keto-friendly?
Yes, these waffles are made without refined flour and instead use almond flour, which reduces the carb count to only 5 g. net carbs and 9 g. total carbs.
storing leftover waffles
- Waffles are best when warm and freshly made.
- These waffles are freezer-friendly for up to three months. Before freezing, allow them to cool down completely. To reheat the waffles, you can use a toaster (better texture).
healthy topping for waffles
Serve your gluten-free waffles with toppings such as fresh berries, pure maple syrup, sugar-free maple syrup or fresh preserves for healthier options.
Gluten Free Waffles
- Place all the ingredients except butter and almond flour into a blender or hand mixer jar. Blend to combine.
- Then, add almond flour and blend until smooth. The result should be a thick batter. Add more flour if necessary.
- Pre-heat your waffle maker, and grease it with butter.
- Fill the waffle machine with ⅓ third of your waffle batter (in case it’s a double waffle maker), repeat it two more times, or until you run out of it.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings such as yogurt, fresh or frozen berries, chocolate chips or chocolate drizzle, peanut butter, or jam.
- These waffles are freezer-friendly for up to three months. Before freezing, allow them to cool down completely. Then, to reheat the waffles, you can use the microwave or a toaster (better texture).