This fail-proof keto spinach artichoke dip is easy to make right in the oven in under 30 minutes! This simple recipe is my go-to for game days, social gatherings, and potlucks any time of the year!
I am always making this creamy dip when I’m in a time crunch for potlucks or parties. The best thing about this simple dip is it’s so customizable and can be served with everything from bread and chips (for non-ketoers) to pork rinds and low carb veggies.
I recommend the following ingredients for this recipe:
- frozen or fresh spinach
- olive oil
- yellow onion
- garlic cloves
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- artichoke hearts (canned)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- freshly ground pepper
How to make keto spinach artichoke dip
This simple recipe can be made in just a few steps:
First, thaw (and drain) spinach and sauté your ingredients. Next, add all and oven safe baking dish. Then, bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Best sides for keto spinach artichoke dip
The best low carb sides to serve with spinach artichoke dip include:
- pork rinds
- air fried zucchini chips
- sliced bell peppers
- toasted low carb bread strips
Swap out spinach for arugula or watercress
Use dairy-free, nut-based cream cheese/sour cream if you’re dairy-free.
Omit onions if on a strict keto diet. You may use mushroom or extra spinach/artichokes.
How do I use fresh spinach for this recipe?
To make this recipe with fresh spinach, add it while you’re sautéing the other ingredients. It will cook down easily.
How do I store leftovers?
Leftovers may be kept in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
What can I make with leftovers from spinach artichoke dip?
Use leftovers to make a creamy quiche by mixing in eggs. Bake at 350°F in an oven-safe dish with or without crust for 25-30 minutes, or when a toothpick comes clean from the center.
Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 16 oz frozen spinach (one block) or 5 cups fresh
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 10 oz artichoke hearts one can
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Thaw spinach and drain or use 5 cups fresh spinach.
- Chop onion, garlic cloves and shallot into small pieces (separate the green part of the shallot, set it aside).
- Sauté onion, garlic, spinach and shallots with olive oil at medium heat, until translucent. Add the green part of the shallot and sauté for one more minute.
- Place all the ingredients in an oven-safe baking dish, except mozzarella cheese. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Finally, it is your choice to add mozzarella cheese on top to a gratin or combine it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Bake the dip for 15 to 20 minutes at 400F or until the cheese starts to bubble and is fully melted.
- Serve it immediately with celery, carrots, pork rinds, or other low carb favorites.
- Use leftovers to make a creamy quiche or pasta.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- You can use fresh spinach instead of frozen, add it together with the other items to sauté (one minute or two until spinach is tender).
More spinach recipes…
Spinach Mushroom Frittata
Creamy Spinach-Stuffed Mushrooms
Spinach Mushroom Quesadilla
Leave a Reply