Bacon-wrapped Asparagus is an easy and flavorful low carb side perfect for any dinner. Whip up this tasty air fried asparagus in less than 20 minutes!
When it comes to asparagus, alone it’s not my favorite, but when you add bacon to the mix, I LOVE it. I mean, who doesn’t love bacon, am I right? We add it to everything from pickles to chaffles and burgers.
Table of Contents
For this recipe, you’ll just need a few simple ingredients: bacon, asparagus, and garlic powder are essential. I used regular-cut bacon for this recipe.
Follow these easy instructions for perfect bacon-wrapped asparagus every time. Before you begin, be sure to line your air fryer with aluminum foil to prevent a greasy mess.
- pre-cook your bacon in the air fryer until it is just turning crisp, then remove
- season your asparagus with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper
- remove bacon and wrap the asparagus bundles
- return to the air fryer and cook for about 8 minutes.
- make sure you air fry your bacon for a few minutes before wrapping and cooking your asparagus. Otherwise, the asparagus will become too soft and limp
- time-saver: use pre-cooked bacon and wrap your asparagus half-way through cooking
- easier clean-up: use foil to protect your air fryer from bacon grease
- bacon– you may use turkey bacon or low sodium for a healthier alternative
- garlic powder– steak seasoning or cajun seasoning may be used
- olive oil– butter may be substituted for olive oil
is asparagus keto?
Asparagus is fine to have on the keto diet. Asparagus is loaded with vitamins and minerals and has only .6 g. net carbs per spear.
I recommend serving your bacon-wrapped asparagus the same day it’s prepared. Fresh is best with this recipe!
Air Fryer Asparagus with Bacon
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F and line with aluminum foil.
- Brush asparagus with oil, then sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook bacon until halfway done. Remove, cool and wrap around bundles of asparagus.
- Cook the bacon-wrapped asparagus for approximately 7-8 minutes or until desired doneness.
- serve warm the same day
- you may use regular or turkey bacon for this recipe
- be sure to partially cook bacon before wrapping around asparagus
- use foil to protect your air fryer from grease