5 easy sugar-free ways to make this healthy keto granola recipe. Read on to make pumpkin spice, sweet cinnamon “sugar”, blueberry, strawberry and coconut granola for your cereal, yogurt or trail mix!
Why this recipe is healthy:
- It’s low carb
- Paleo friendly
- Keto friendly
- Low-glycemic index, meaning it will not raise your blood sugar
- It satisfies my crunchy cereal cravings
- nuts are naturally high in fiber and protein (like our almond smoothie recipe)
How do I prepare granola?
To prepare this quick and simple granola recipe, you won’t need any fancy equipment or even a food processor to mix ingredients.
Who has time to whip out the food processor these days?!
What are things I can make with leftover granola?
I love to use my leftover granola in yogurt, or with almond milk for breakfast.
If you’re on the go or hiking, this keto trail mix is the perfect quick and easy snack.
What are some keto friendly ingredients for granola/snack mix?
While you may not have the time to dehydrate or freeze-dry berries, you can pick them up in the snack aisle at most grocery stores.
When choosing dried fruit, be sure to select a variety without added sugars or a sugar free blend.
Always check the ingredients to stay keto!
Is granola keto friendly?
Typical granola may contain upwards of 300 calories and up to 30 g of carbohydrates, with added sugars and fat.
This healthy keto granola cereal blend contains only 5 carbs and 273 calories.
How to make keto granola / trail mix
This recipe is easiest one made ahead of time for meal prep or in larger batches.
Make with a few simple ingredients, including your favorite nuts.
How long will granola keep in the pantry?
I typically like to store my granola in reusable zipper bags or in an air-tight Mason jar and remove it when I’m craving a low carb cereal.
This recipe should keep in an air-tight container for up to a week or two, if stored in a dark cool place.
Can I make this recipe with other ingredients?
This recipe is completely customizable to your taste. If you prefer one over the other, simply swap it out or double it up.
The best ingredients for keto granola / trail mix include:
- Sugar-free chocolate chips
- 0-sugar freeze dried or dehydrated berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- Shredded coconut flakes without added sugar
Easy Keto Granola: 5 Ways
Plain Granola Cereal
- 1 cup almonds crushed or slivers
- 1 cup pecans crushed
- 1 cup walnuts crushed
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds no sugar added
- ½ cup brown sugar erythritrol like Swerve brand
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 tbsp sugar free maple syrup optional
Strawberry Granola Cereal
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries sugar free
Blueberry Granola Cereal
- 1 cup dried blueberries sugar free
Cinnamon "Sugar" Cereal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Pumpkin Spice Cereal
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a large oven pan with parchment paper or non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt the stick of butter in the microwave for 35 seconds.
- Add egg white, butter and brown erythritol (Swerve) sweetener to butter. Stir with a fork.
- Add in nuts and pumpkin seeds to the bowl. Mix.
- Spread out the mixture in a thin layer on the parchment paper. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and press down on top to flatten in a single layer.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes. Remove and let cool before cutting into chunks.
- Make it your own with strawberry, blueberry, coconut, cinnamon, or pumpkin spice!
Leave a Reply