These healthy cheese keto pretzel bites are super easy to make with fathead dough. The mini pretzel bites are a delicious low-carb snack for parties, game days, or for meal planning. And with a only 3-ingredient beer cheese, what’s not to love?
How do I make keto pretzel bites?
This recipe for soft low-carb pretzel bites is made with the following ingredients:
- cream cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- almond flour
- garlic powder
- baking powder
Easy keto pretzel bites are made in only a few steps:
- First, make fathead dough and roll into a rope
- Next, cut into pieces
- Add to non-stick baking sheet, add egg wash with corse salt and bake
How do I make a large pretzel shape?
If you prefer the original pretzel shape, watch at the :50 mark of this video to get a quick tutorial.
Can I have pretzels on keto?
Regular pretzels, no. There’s way too many carbs and soft pretzels are usually not gluten-free.
How many carbs are in a soft pretzel?
There’s typically 23 g. of carbs in one whole soft pretzel. Since that’s too much on the keto diet, why not make a delicious pretzel snack from the famous keto fathead dough?
Can I have beer on keto?
Yes, but it depends on your macro goals.
The amount of beer in this recipe is so minuscule, you’ll be able to remain in ketosis. The 1/4 cup of beer in this recipe is adding only up to 1 carb to your beer cheese- and that’s if you eat all of the cheese! Some beers with the lowest carbs are:
- Corona Premier – 2.6 g.
- Michelob Ultra – 2.6 g.
- Budweiser Select 55- 1.8 g.
- Miller Lite – 3.2 g.
- More low carb beer…
Keto beer cheese alternatives
If you don’t want to use beer for this recipe, feel free to omit it. Instead of beer, you may want to try:
- fresh minced garlic
- a splash of hot sauce, -or-
- jalapeños with 1/4 cup juice
How do I make keto beer cheese?
First, add your shredded cheddar cheese and cream cheese to a bowl. Next, microwave for 30 seconds and repeat if needed. Finally, add in low-carb beer and mix! The carb count for the beer is such a small amount, it won’t throw you out of ketosis.
What are other low carb soft pretzel ideas?
- Add a pickled jalapeño slice to the top of each soft pretzel
- Add mini pepperoni to the top of each pretzel bite
- Brush on a buttery dijon glaze (1 part dijon mustard to 1 part butter)
- Don’t forget the egg wash too!
Keto Pretzel Bites with 3-Ingredient Beer Cheese
Pretzel Bites Ingredients
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups mozarella cheese shredded
- 3½ cups finely ground almond flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp coarse salt
Beer Cheese Ingredients
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup beer low-carb
- 3 oz cream cheese
Pretzel Bites Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Mix almond flour, baking powder, and garlic powder in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, add cream cheese and mozarella. Microwave for 30 second and stir. Repeat 1-2 times, until easily blended together.
- Add mozzarealla cheese mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients and add ONLY 2 eggs. Mix with hands until a dough forms.
- Take a section of dough and make a long rope. Dust with almond flour if sticky. Cut 1-inch pieces of dough and place on non-stick baking sheet.
- Mix remaining egg for egg wash over each pretzel bite. Add coarse salt and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tops are golden.
Beer Cheese Instructions
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and shredded cheddar. Microwave for 30 seconds and repeat if necessary. Add low carb beer and stir. Reheat if needed.
If you like keto pretzel bites, you’ll love:
- Low Carb Blackberry Cobbler
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Banana Cream Pudding
- Buttery Italian Mushrooms
- Creamed Spinach Mushrooms
This recipe was inspired by Two Peas in their Pod’s recipe for homemade soft pretzel bites.
Amy Danielle Craddock
Tried these keto pretzel bites. Very delicious! I would definitely recommend trying them out! I kept mine in the fridge. Any suggestions on reheating? I’m going to try in the oven.
Hi Amy! I think the oven or air fryer for a few minutes would work. It would depend on your oven, but I would think around 5-10 minutes if cold from the fridge. Thanks so much for stopping by!