These keto vanilla wafer cookies taste just like the real deal and they’re easy to make.
Perfect on their own or with our keto banana pudding, you can’t go wrong with this recipe!
What ingredients do I need to make vanilla wafers?
Only a few simple ingredients are required for these low-carb vanilla wafers. For the vanilla wafer batter, you’ll need:
- baking powder
- almond flour
- vanilla extract
- sugar free maple syrup
- egg yolks
How do I make keto vanilla wafer cookies?
First, preheat oven to 350º F and mix all ingredients in a large bowl. No need for an electric mixer, a whisk will do!
Note: the texture of the cookie dough will not be as firm as regular cookie dough and that’s ok 🙂
Place teaspoon-size balls of dough onto a buttered, non-stick baking sheet.
Next, press down on the balls of dough with your index and middle finger. Moisten your fingers if they stick to the dough too much.
Finally, bake the cookies for approximately 15-17 minutes.
How do I make crisp keto vanilla wafer cookies?
These delicious vanilla wafer cookies are soft as- made. If you prefer crisp cookies, bake them for 3-5 minutes longer.
What can I serve with vanilla wafers?
Sticking to a low-carb or keto diet can be tricky, but here’s some options if you’re wondering what to serve with these sugar free vanilla wafers:
- almond milk
- make them into a pie crust for chocolate or banana pudding
- take them on the go for a keto office snack
- crumble them up and add them to your favorite low-carb ice cream
Keto Vanilla Wafer Cookies
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 c almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 2 egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, melt butter for 8-10 seconds in microwave. Mix in the other wafer ingredients together using a whisk.
- On a cookie sheet or non-stick baking sheet, place teaspoons of mix at at least 1/2 in. apart. Flatten with fingers. Dampen fingers with water if cookie mix sticks to your hand.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
You may also like…
This recipe was inspired by Paleo Running Mama’s recipe for vanilla wafer cookies.